Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BFA Exhibit

My BFA exhibit will show that I'm useful in different areas of New Media. I chose the design concentration because it allowed me to learn the technical side of digital art as well as the design principles that make it appealing. I feel that I'm useful these areas: design for print, web design, illustration, and video art. My BFA show will have a variety of work to show that I have skills in each of these areas. One theme in my show is manipulating real life people or things using rotoscoping. When I do work like this I often use the stipple technique. This signifies each thing being a whole made of many tiny parts.  That theme is obvious in Work #1: Adventures in Rotocoping. I also used this idea to make Work #3 Text Poster. I'm also making two more projects this semester with this idea in mind. This will help make my BFA exhibit have a more cohesive feel. Below are the works I want to show. 


Work #1: I would like to present these two pieces in a loop called Adventures in Rotoscoping. I have more content for the second video that makes it more complete. I will post this later.





Work #2: Woman to Woman Website with the changes we discussed in last weeks critique. I'm also contacting one of my Women's and Gender Studies professors to see if she has any suggestions to make my website better.


Work #3: Text Poster


Work #4: Goudy Magazine Spread


Work #5: Ted, a children's book. I'm going to write and illustrate a short children's book based on a bear named Ted who was my fiance's favorite childhood toy. I will make a Blurb book with this and also print the images to hang in my show. They are going to be arranged similar to a comic strip and be shown in the same frame. I'm going to photograph Ted for each illustration and use Photoshop to draw over the original images. The result will be an illustration that mimics real life and uses the stippling technique I described. This is the project I'm working on next for TEL-T434. 

Work #6: Stipple Illustrations. This will be my fourth project for TEL-T434. I'm going to make a series of three illustrations using the stipple technique. I haven't finalized the theme for this project, but the illustrations will look similar to the image below. I made it in a 2D design class.


Work #7: Equality Tastes Sweet. This piece fits in my show because it was made using the same stippling technique. I'm going to clean this image up before I print it. The letters i-t-y need attention.










No comments:

Post a Comment